Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wood Hanging Note Board

This little project resulted in a weekend of boredom... so what else is there to do, but a project!

We just got a new desk step up, that I haven't finished the post for yet, but I will add that soon. It's amazing and an incredible craigslist purchase. It has a lot of shelving space, but I needed a little something for the wall between our bookcases for the quick notes I just jot down and then the post it gets lost because I randomly set them down in the house to never be seen again... incredibily irritating : )

So I took a piece of old wood we had lying around from something else and cut to about the size I wanted for a little note board. Took some dark stain (dark walnut) and stained the front and sides of the piece of wood. I didn't put a coating over it as to leave it a rougher look, not like I just purchased it from Target.



After I let it dry I stapled and glued on twine wrapping it around the board pretty tight so that I could slip notes or cards behind the twine and it stay.



After that, I added a wall hook on the back and put it up.



I'm pretty pleased with it and one of the easier projects I've done.


Linked up to
DIY ShowoffUnder the Table & Dreaming


8 comments:

jess@balancing the dream said...

super super super cute!!! I LOVE IT!!! I love the simplicity and it still has function! I'm pinning this, then I'm attempting it! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
-your newest follower!!! :)

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea! I am featuring it on my site today! Come check it out if you get a chance!

http://www.thegunnysack.com/2011/08/whats-in-gunny-sack-memo-and-display.html

Katie said...

I love how simple and gorgeous this is!! I featured it on my blog today! Feel free to stop by and grab a button!

http://craptastickatie.blogspot.com/2011/08/five-feature-friday-6.html

Megan said...

I saw this on Pinterest. I love it. I'm putting it on my to-do list as well!

Andrea said...

Amazingly simple and oh so gorgeous!

Natalie said...

I really love this idea, and I'm definitely going to make one for my Christmas cards this year. xo

Betriska said...

What a great idea! LOVE it!

Unknown said...

Love it! My daycare kids will do this as a project and will display a pic of themselves for their parents.

Post a Comment